Unable to open full PDF on iOS browsers
Problem Statement: PDF files with 2 or more pages, uploaded to Connect are not showing correctly while opening in iPhone browser (chrome or safari).
- Adobe Connect Hosted/On-premise
- Adobe Connect version 10.0 and above
Reason Behind the Behavior : PDFs are not supported in the mobile browsers if embedded inside an HTML page. only first page would be displayed. Safari (and UIWebViews) supports the rendering of PDFs if given the absolute URL.
This issue a limitation mobile browsers if PDF files are embedded inside an HTML page.
- These links can be opened by appending /default/connect.pdf
- Example https://my.adobeconnect.com/px0fs4dlnp3o/ can be loaded fully by using https://my.adobeconnect.com/px0fs4dlnp3o/default/connect.pdf
- So, the pattern is https://<connect-url>/URL_path/default/connect.pdf