Where is my Engagement Dashboard?
Update: 12/07/2017: As of Adobe Connect 9.6 and above, the Engagement Dashboard is now present in normal meetings by default. No special permissions are required other than being a Meeting Host. The below article is now only applicable to On-Premise Adobe Connect installations that precede version 9.6.
At some point you may want to use the Engagement Dashboard to track your users’ attentiveness in an Adobe Connect Meeting room, but wonder where oh where it may be… You glance up at your Pods menu (as a host) and see it is not listed. You may wonder why. Well, here’s why…
If you want to use the Engagement Dashboard, one of the following scenarios has to be true:
- You are a Seminar Host and created a Seminar Room. Seminar Rooms have the Engagement Dashboard in the Presenter Only Area.
- You are an Event Manager and created an Event that points to a meeting, seminar room, or virtual classroom, in the Event Management area of Adobe Connect. If you point an Event to any meeting, virtual classroom, or seminar room, it will have the Engagement Dashboard in the Presenter Only Area.
- You are a Training Manager AND Meeting Host and you create a Virtual Classroom (you must be both to even create a VC in the first place), it will have the Engagement Dashboard in the Presenter Only Area.
- You are an Meeting Host AND Event Manager and you create a Meeting (just being a Meeting Host will NOT give you access to the Engagement Dashboard). Only then will the Meeting have an Engagement Dashboard in the Presenter Only Area.
Situation where you will have a room open and you won’t have the Engagement Dashboard as a Pod option:
- You are a Meeting Host but NOT an Event Manager as well. You will not see the Engagement Dashboard in the available pods and it will not be in the Presenter Only Area.
Additional Resources around the Engagement Dashboard…