Mac OSX Users get an error while uploading PPTX/PPT files in a meeting room
Problem Statement: While sharing PPT/PPTX files in a meeting room – Mac OSX users get an error message – “Additional permissions are required to access the file.”
- Adobe Connect Hosted/ On-Premise
- Mac OSX 10.11 and above
Reason for this behavior: “MyPPTFolder” folder is missing in ‘Group Containers‘ folder.
Resolution: In order to manually create a folder for your *.ppt/pptx files, follow steps mentioned below:
- Open a Finder Window
- Under Finder menu bar > Click Go > Go to Folder..> Type~/Library/
- Open Group Containers folder
- Open UBF8T346G9.Office folder
- Create a folder named MyPPTFolder> Select MyPPTFolder folder
- Try to publish *.ppt/pptx files in share pod of Adobe connect meeting room.
- These are the three ways to easily open the folder manually:
- Add it to your Favorites in ‘Finder’ by dragging it to it.
- Add it to your Favorites in ‘Finder’ with the shortcut: cmd Ctrl T
- Drag the folder to the Desktop with the CMD and Alt key down. You now have a link(alias) to the folder on your desktop so it is easy to find it and open it in the future.
- If the issue still persists, follow the steps in link below to remove sandboxing restriction: https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/removing-sandbox-restrictions-your-safari.html