Camera not detected in Adobe Connect when using Windows OS
Objective: If the camera (or virtual camera) is not detected by the Connect desktop application.
Environment: Adobe Connect Hosted/On-Premise/ACMS
Steps to be followed:
- Go to the windows Registry entry
- add “useDirectShowCamera” entry under the path: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Connect
Default value of the “useDirectShowCamera” is 0 and in that case it will use the existing windows media foundation lib for camera detection.
- Before editing the registry it is always prudent to first make a backup of it; if not carefully done, editing the registry can cause corruption and can damage the operating system. Editing the registry also requires elevated permissions on any client and will often require the support of a desktop IT team in large enterprises.
By default, the Adobe Connect Meeting application will generate a debug log during an HTML5 Meeting (Using the Standard View)
The name of the log is ConnectCefApp.log in %USERPROFILE%\Documents\ConnectCefApp.log or C:\Users\Documents\ConnectCefApp.log
- User can verify the setting by seeing the application logs for:
- CameraManager: Media Foundation camera
- CameraManager: Direct Show Camera